James Badham b. 1762 possibly Hereford

1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #83 by janevans47
James Badham b. 1762 possibly Hereford was created by janevans47
Hello Listers,
I was advised to join this group by viandrae (Ed. Username substituted), as I am a descendant of James Badham b.1762. I haven't been able to find any evidence of his birth, except for a recent connection who states he was born in Hereford. but there is no verification for this.
I have his marriage in 1788 to Mary Cartwright in St. James Westminster, and the baptisms of his children,Frederick, George, Elizabeth and Caroline, from whom I am descended.
If anyone can connect this family to the James born in Hereford, I would gratefully appreciate the Information and source.
Looking forward to unravelling the history of this man with this group.
Thanking you for your time.
Merry Christmas to all.
Regards, janevans47,
in sweltering hot Logan City QLD. Australia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #84 by dillon1
Replied by dillon1 on topic James Badham b. 1762 possibly Hereford
Hi janevans47

I've taken a look through our database for information we hold on James. At present all identified links relate to the baptisms of his children and so place him in Middlesex only.

I've had a quick look on findmypast - there are quite a few records in the Westminster rate books spanning quite a long period fron 1790. The address ( Great Windmill Street) ties in with that given on the PCC will of 1818 which names his children.

The group are in the process of extracting all baptisms, marriages and burials for the churches in Hereford city and I'm hoping to have that information from our researcher soon. This might identify the baptism of a James in 1762 but wouldn't identify him as your James. Looking through wills where James might be identfied as a beneficiary might help to establish his place of birth or link him to a family or details in an apprenticeship indenture/ tracing his occupation might help to link him with a location. Another possible source where you might find a link is newspapers which might hsve information on family events or work related information.

Hope this helps. All the best with your research.

dillon1

1 year 4 months ago #85 by janevans47
Replied by janevans47 on topic James Badham b. 1762 possibly Hereford
Thank you for your reply.
I have got all those rate books entries, his marriage and all baptisms of his children, and copy of his Will. I have not found anything that indicates his occupation at all. But I haven't tried newspapers as such.
Thanks again for your help
Regards Janevans47

1 year 4 months ago #86 by Digger1
Replied by Digger1 on topic James Badham b. 1762 possibly Hereford
Hello janevans47,

I think I can help with this and I am sorry not to come back sooner, partly Christmas, partly I couldn't remember where I had put the information!

I will need to attach a few documents, .jpgs and part of my info will be DNA based so rather than do this on the forum please email me at <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>. I would like to copy in dillon1 so would like your permission to circulate your email and possibly forward it to others from this family group if they are interested.

Interesting your daughter in law has a Badham link too, there are other Badham's sweltering in Queensland from that family group.

Happy New Year to you and yours

Moderators: Digger1dillon1
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds